Thursday, 10 April 2014

Reading

WALT: ask questions as we read to make sure we understand what we read.

 Remember we can question before we read…
What is this going to be about? What do I already know that will help me understand? what do I want to find out?
 We can question as we read… 
what does that mean? what is going to happen next? what else do I want to know?
 We can question after we read…
does that make sense? what have I learned? have I answered my earlier questions? what else do I want to know?
  • I learned to: get better at reading by asking questions before I start to read.
  • Most challenging was: when I have to find the information to answer my questions.
  • Next step is to: my next step is to read more so I get better at reading.
Memphis, you have though hard about your reading and what is going to help you. I agree that reading more, reading at home and reading all of the text we are reading in a group will help you. You know what you need to do and I am looking forward to next term as you develop as a reader!
You can use prediction and questioning before you read to help you to 'tune in' to your text. This helps to make sure you understand why you are redding.
Kerri

No comments:

Post a Comment